Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Six Month Hair Journey Update

JUNE 2010
DECEMBER 2010

I cannot believe how much time has passed since I started my HHJ.  I started in May/June 2010 and here we are in December. I have crossed the six month marker and now its time to witness the RESULTS!  I am sure many of you will start your journey and doubt that you are really getting the results you need to reach your hair length goals.  This why I encourage you to track your journey with photographs!  You can see and compare your progress, and the effectiveness of your regimen. Use your progress photos as a guide, motivation, and diary for your HHJ. If you dont see the proof in your photos, its possible you need to revisit the components of your regimen, and look at what products you are using.  It is so important to listen to your hair and give it what it needs. For the past month or so, I began to experience some breakage. In my head I was convinced I was using enough moisture, but the winter weather was telling my hair otherwise, so I tweaked a few things, and now the breakage is at bay.  At one point I began to skip my second deep conditioning treatment some weeks, skip sealing and only spritz moisture on to my hair and these small changes, produced negative results (breakage).  So I back tracked figured out what I was doing differently and went back to what worked best for my hair. The diligence of following my regimen is paying off! I am officially Armpit length :) Next stop...Bra strap length by my B-day June 30, 2011

                                              

4 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous! COngrats on all the success you have had so far! I was getting results, but then I had a set back (my hair dresser trim off way too much of my hair and it was under-processed) sigh...I am starting all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you have a great blog here! Congrats on your lovely hair too :)
    Also thank you for your info on split ends. I'm going to try my best to treat my neglected hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Addy...I had to give up the hair dressers and learn how do do it for myself. If was a tuff decision, but it is paying off. I care the most about my hair, so i don't entrust it to anyone but me. Now I only go to hair dresser for special occasions ( twice a year ) and I only get a wash and set, no chemical service and NO trims from her. My advise seek a stylist that specializes in Long hair care.

    @Caro. Thank you! I am so behind on blogging because I am 3 classes away from finishing up my Graduate degree...but summer break is in a week and I will be back to blogging! Whoo hooo. I love that I am able to share my journey and help others in the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I´m contacting you from Spain, I would like to know which treatment you did !!! I cut very short my hair last december, but I didn´t like it, so I´m frustrating waiting ot this grow up, as I can see your hair in 1 year and half got very strong and healthy. Please, send me any information, I will be very grateful. Best Regards, Ana email: nanafirst_sp@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete