Friday, December 31, 2010

Regimen Updated

Below is my updated Regimen with a list of products I alternate for each step. Really as long as you are putting moisture into the hair daily, sealing with an oil to lock that moisture in, and keeping your scalp clean, you can use what ever products work best for their hair (But please avoid mineral oils,  and petroleum based products as they can suffocate the hair and scalp, lock out moisture and inhibit hair growth). You can use an wide range of products to alternate, or you can choose a minimal amount of products. They key is doing what works best for your hair. If you don't have time to cleanse often, you may not want to apply too many oils and other products as often to avoid build up.  On the other hand if you clean your hair two or three times a weeks because you have a naturally oily scalp, then extra conditioning and keeping oils on those ends is key to avoiding breakage. I have also posted more before and after shots of my 6 month hair journey update. Stay consistant in your regimen and you WILL see results! Happy growing :)

- Wash with a natural Shampoo one a week (Sunday): Bee Mine Ayurvedic Bar or Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus. 

- Co Wash Once a week (Wed) with a moisturizing conditioner: Suave Professionals Shea & Almond Conditioner, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, or Bee Mine Bee Lovely Moisturizing Conditioner  

-Deep Condition 2x a week (Wed & Sun after my co wash or shampoo): Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Conditioning treatment, Shea Moisture's Deep Conditioning mask, Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask

- Light/ Medium Protein Treatments done as needed, or once a month minimum: Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor ( NOT the 2 step hard protein treatment), Coppola's Keratin Deep Conditioning treatment, or Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein treatment. 

- Leave Ins: Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In conditioner ( Spritz 2x a day to keep moisture on my strands.

- I use a light protein leave in spray (Spiral Solutions Strength & shine or Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Leave In...applied after my shampoos once a week

- Seal hair nightly with natural oils to lock in moisture from conditioners: Carol's Daughter Hair Balm (my new Fav), Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Carol's Daughter's Lisa's Hair Elixer or Jamaician Black Castor Oil.
- Clarify once a month to remove build up: Bee Mine Purity Bar, Giovanni 50:50 Hydrating Clarifying Shampoo.

- I air dry 99% of the time and wear my hair in a bun or a phony pony.  I will be on a no heat diet and wear protective styles until i have reached Bra strap length. 

- Trim/ Dust about 1/4 inch after every relaxer.  I don't require a lot of trimming because I have worn a protective bun or phony pony for everyday of my journey.  I have used heat only once the past 6 months and this has allowed me to retain so much length and have very little breakage.

More Update Pics 6 months of Progress
June 2010
December 2010  (sorry, I did not comb out hair before this shot)



June 2010
December 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment