Saturday, June 19, 2010

An Idea for Self Relaxing

So after my last salon visit I decided I want to start back relaxing my own hair to ensure I don't get any over processed relaxed hair. Now a little fear sets in, because I was not the best at giving myself relaxers. I would always underprocess my relaxer and end up with hair that would poof at the first sign of humidity. Living ig in Hotlanta (Atlanta GA.) made this a serious on going issue. This made me hate my hair fo years and thought it was bad hair because it would never stay straight. So now that I know I was underprocessing my hair I can correct my timing issues and start back doing them myself. All this time I thought my stylist saved my frizzy hair and now I know she just let the perm sit a while longer to get it straight. With that being said I am now on the hunt to find a good method to relax my hair, as I was always too slow in applying it ending up with some over processed and underprocesed parts because of  this. I saw what I thought was a great idea on the Hairlicious blog. I will be sure to implement this method for my next relaxer.

Berlessed-Is-Me said...
I got an idea to self relax from LHCF. -I parted my hair in four sections (part down middle, part from ear to ear). I parted my hair within those sections and placed a duckbill clip at the end of my new growth, and the start of the already relaxed hair.I then take that section of hair and plait it, base the scalp area and added base to the already relaxed hair. I do this for all sides. The end result should be about 16 plaits in all. This helped with the application portion because I didn't have to maneuver through months of new growth. All I did was take each plait, remove the clip and then relax the new growth, this process seriously took me all of five minutes, I took a little longer to smooth. After I rinsed the relaxer out the plaits loosened from the pressure of the water. I then did my protein step before the neutralizing and just went from there. I do not want to take credit for this at all, but it is genius. Hope this helps. HHJ.





No comments:

Post a Comment