Sunday, June 6, 2010

Before the Journey




Here are pictures of my hair before the start of my hair journey ( HHJ started May 6, 2010). As you can see my hair is shoulder length, thin ends and severely damaged edges. My new Hair Regimen is listed below. I will follow it faithfully! I will post updated pics every relaxer. I am aiming for a 5 month stretch after my June relaxer.

Hair Regimen as of May 2010


- Shampoo once every 2 weeks with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo

- CoWash 2 x a week with Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

- Clarify with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse once per month

- Black Tea Rinse 2 x a month


- Prepoo (over night or for 2 hours) before every CoWash and Shampoo with EVCO, EVOO, a touch of HE Hello Hydration and Honey.


- DC at least once a week for 1hr with heat, alternating between a deep moisture mask (Phytojojoba or Bio Infusion Olive Oil DC) or Protein conditioner (Elasta QP Intense, or PhytoKarite). I also add EVCO or EVOO and Wildgrowth Light Moisturizing Oil to my DC.


- Oil Scalp 2 to 3 x week with JBCO or EVCO


- Protein Treatments 2x month Alphogee 2 min Reconstructor and Sprtiz twice a week with Alphogee green tea keratin leave in.


- Moisturize Daily with Jane Cater Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner, Suave Professional Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner. Seal with EVCO or JBCO


- NO HEAT, air dry always ( With the exception of relaxer day, will roller set and flat iron root only). I will Bun hair and wear phony ponies until I reach my short term HHJ goal of BSL. After that point I will wear some other no heat styles occasionally ( Braid Outs, Bantu Knots out). I plan to wear protective styles 98% of the time until my Long term Goal (WSL) is accomplished. 

- Tie hair up in satin scarf every night


- Relax with PhytoRelaxer every 3 to 5 months, Trim every relaxer.







No comments:

Post a Comment