Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hair Steaming

Now that I have been on my journey for a full year, I am really interested increasing my hair health in new ways. I love to deep condition my hair and credit it as a very key component in my healthy hair regimen. Now I am so excited to be adding a hair steamer to my hair care regimen. Hair steaming is a method of deep conditioning that uses a hair steamer (there are both salon and at home versions for sale) to swell and open the hair shaft for deeper penetration of moisture and conditioners into the hair structure. It is said that hair steaming will deliver greater levels of moisture into the hair cuticle because it uses steam or wet heat, rather than the dry heat from a normal hooded dryer method.  Incorporating this level of moisture into the hair helps to stop dryness and breakage. Steaming is great if you are experiencing drying & falling hair due to chemical abuse. It will also open up the hair follicles to promote faster hair growth.

After researching different hair steaming units, I decided on the Huetiful Hair and Facial Steamer. I made the decision to purchase this one because it was smaller than the large salon versions and more affordable. It actually had really great user reviews and youtube reviews. I can't wait to try it out! I plan to steam once a week for about 20- 30 minutes with a deep conditioner and oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment